I would call this beach ‘Paradise’. Some may call it Illuka Beach. But according to the map it is quite short of Illuka but it has it own million dollar view! #milliondollarbeach
Equipped with a lookout point, this beach also has two Beach Huts. If you are early enough, you may end up claiming one of the huts for yourself for the day which is great in the very hot summer days.
There are two paddle pools for kids. And being part of a marine reserve, one can snorkel and enjoy a range of fish among the rocks and some coral.
We found this little spot by accident and it is a spot I have not written mostly because my family asked me not to? Why you ask? Simply because every time I write about something, everyone shows up at that location. However, I felt that sharing this spot may save a lot of frustration especially if you are looking for a great area to snorkel and is shallow enough to stand in.
- If you plan to stay most the day make sure you take an umbrella, towels, water, sunscreen, and your scuba gear.
- There are only two huts, so be courteous to those that may wish to use a vacant one.
- Don’t forget the camera – definite memory capture moments
- There are toilets up at Illuka beach which is about 5 to 10 minutes walk. Peeing in public is an offence and can result in a fine. #youhavebeenwarned
- Don’t leave your trash. Please either take it home or bin it.
- There is a shower at the top of the stairs leading down to the beach
- There are no life guards at this beach, so swim within your limitations
- This is a marine reserve so no spear fishing.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.